Guidance Notes for candidates for filling up/submission of Online Application Form for CPT June, 2016 (Paper-pencil Mode Examination)
Please visit the site early to fill up the form online to avoid any last minute technical glitches.
DO NOT OPEN MORE THAN ONE SESSION AT THE SAME TIME ON THE SAME COMPUTER WHILE FILLING THE ONLINE FORM, i.e.; do not fill more than one form at the same time on the same computer even if you are filling the two applications using different browsers or different tabs of the same browser.
Clear the temporary internet files and cookies before filling up each form.
Fill up the form at a suitable time and from a location where you have a good bandwidth available.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR CPT JUNE, 2016
1. Last date for registration to CPT Course with BOS
1st April, 2016
2. Commencement of Online filling of CPT Examination Form
5th April, 2016 (10:00 A.M. IST)
3. Last date & time for Login Creation/Submission of CPT Examination application form Online
26th April, 2016
upto 5:30 P.M. (IST) #
4. Last date for revalidation of registration for June, 2016 CPT
26th April, 2016 or date of Application for CPT JUNE, 2016 whichever is earlier.*
5. Last date for receipt of print out of online examination form duly filled up(PDF)
30th April, 2016
6. Date of CPT Examination
19th June, 2016 (Sunday)
7. Hosting of Correction Window -I [(without fee) will be available for one week from the date of hosting]
1st Week of May, 2016 (for one week) **
8. Hosting of Correction Window -II [(with fee) will be available upto 11th June, 2016]
4th Week of May, 2016 to 11th June, 2016. **
9. Likely date of declaration of result (www.caresults.nic.in)
Around one month from the date of examination
(For exact date of result and other regular updates, keep visiting website www.icai.org)
* Please see para 1.3(iii) hereinbelow
** Please see Para 1.24 herein below
WHERE AND HOW TO SEND PRINTOUT OF ONLINE FORM BY POST
Please ensure you fill up and submit the form online strictly as per instructions by 26th April, 2016 (upto 5.30 P.M.) and thereafter, send the printout of the same (after affixing your latest photograph and signature, duly attested) to the following address BY SPEED POST/REGISTERED POST so as to reach us on or before 30th April, 2016 up to 5.30 P.M. Candidates are advised not to send their filled up form through private courier services. No responsibility for late/non-delivery will be taken by the ICAI. Please do not send more than one online form in one envelope.
ADDRESS TO WHICH PRINT OUT OF ONLINE APPLICATION FORM IS TO BE SENT:
THE DEPUTY SECRETARY (EXAMS.), EXAMINATION DEPARTMENT
THE INSTITUTE OF CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS OF INDIA
'ICAI BHAWAN', INDRAPRASTHA MARG
NEW DELHI – 110 002
EXAMINATION FEE FOR FILLING UP EXAMINATION FORM ONLINE
(i) Rs. 500/- (for opting a Centre in India)
(ii) INR 850/- (for opting Kathmandu Centre)
(iii) US$ 150/- (for opting Abu Dhabi & Dubai Centres)
# Please note that there is no provision for online filling of application forms after 26th April, 2016 (5.30P.M. )with late fee.
No Separate examination fee is required to be sent along with printout of online application form but the PDF generated must have the Payment Transaction Details.
COMMON PROFICIENCY TEST (CPT) – JUNE, 2016 (ONLINE FILLING OF APPLICATION FORM)
1.1 Common Proficiency Test (CPT) is a gateway to enter into the profession of Chartered Accountancy. CPT is open for candidates who have registered to Common Proficiency Course with the Board of Studies of the Institute and have appeared or passed or going to appear in April/May, 2016 in 12th class or equivalent recognised examination*. This is an objective type examination of 200 marks comprising of four sections. These Guidance Notes are exclusively meant for Paper-Pencil Mode CPT to be held on 19th June, 2016.
* As per a recent decision of the Council of the ICAI, candidates with certain higher qualifications are also eligible to appear in CPT (for complete details , please see clause 36 of APPENDIX C).
1.2 Paper-Pencil (PP) Mode CPT.
The Paper-Pencil Mode CPT is conducted twice in a year in the months of June and December. The language of Question Paper Booklet will be English/Hindi.
1.3 ELIGIBILITY Eligibility Requirements to appear in CPT (Regulation 25 D (1) may be referred to for full details).
A candidate shall be eligible to appear in Common Proficiency Test in June, 2016, if he/she has:
i) Either passed or appeared in the Senior Secondary Examination (10+2 examination) conducted by an examining body constituted by law in India or an examination recognized by the Central Government as equivalent thereto and has complied with such requirements as may be specified by the Council from time to time. (The list of examinations recognized as equivalent to Senior Secondary Examination is contained in APPENDIX C); and
ii) Registered for/switched over to Common Proficiency Course with Board of Studies of ICAI on or before 1st April, 2016 and
iii) Revalidated his/her registration to Common Proficiency Course (as applicable):
As decided by the Council, the registration to the Common Proficiency Course is valid for a period of 3 years and the student is required to revalidate the same from the concerned Regional Office on expiry of the said period. Further, in order to be eligible for the examination, the student must be having a valid Registration number on the date of application to the Examination. Accordingly, please ensure that your Registration to Common Proficiency Course is valid as on date of filling Examination Application Form. Please visit http://www.icai.org/new_post.html?post_id=9260 for details.
1.3.1 Exemption from Appearing in CPT:
Candidates who are graduate or post graduate in Commerce having secured in aggregate a minimum of 55% of total marks or its equivalent grade in the examination conducted by any recognized University (including Open University) with certain subjects OR Graduates or Post Graduates other than those falling under Commerce stream mentioned above having secured in aggregate a minimum of 60% of the total marks or its equivalent grade in the examination conducted by any recognized University (including Open University) are exempted from passing CPT. For more details, please visit the Institute’s website www.icai.org.
1.4 The Common Proficiency Test (CPT) in Paper-Pencil Mode (PP Mode) will be held on 19th June, 2016 in accordance with the revised scheme of education, training and examination for the Chartered Accountancy Course. It is a 4 hours duration test comprising two sessions of 2 hours each with a break between two sessions. The Test will comprise of objective type questions with negative marking for choosing wrong answers.
All students registered for Common Proficiency Course on or before 1st April, 2016 with the Board of Studies of the Institute and who have passed / already appeared or going to appear in April/May, 2016 in 10+2 examination or equivalent (See APPENDIX C for complete details of qualifications in this regard) and who have revalidated their CPT registration , if registered on or before 1st April, 2013(as per Board of Studies Announcement No. BOS/Announcement/227/13 dated 22nd January, 2013 hosted on the website of the Institute www.icai.org) will be eligible to appear in the CPT to be held in June, 2016.
1.5 Date, Timings and Minimum Marks for Passing the Common Proficiency Test
In order to pass the CPT (Examination), a candidate is required to secure, at one sitting, a minimum of 30 percent marks in each Section and a minimum of 50 percent marks in the aggregate of all Sections, subject to the principle of negative marking, being 1/4 (one fourth) for each wrong answer, as per Regulation 36A. Common Proficiency Test will be held on Sunday, the 19th June, 2016 in two sessions as per details given below:
Minimum * Marks
Fundamentals of Accounting
10.30 A.M. to
12.30 P.M. (IST)
10.00 A.M. (IST)
BREAK FROM 12.30 P.M. TO 1.30 P.M. (IST)
2.00 P.M. to
1.30 P.M. (IST)
1.5.1 TIMINGS FOR OVERSEAS CENTRES
ABU DHABI & DUBAI
9.00 A.M. to 11.00 A.M.
UAE local time
8.30 A.M. UAE local time
12.30 P.M. to 2.30 P.M.
UAE local time
12.00 Noon UAE local time
10.45 A.M. to 12.45 P.M.
Nepal local time
10.15 A.M. Nepal local time
2.15 P.M. to 4.15 P.M.
Nepal local time
1.45 P.M. Nepal local time
1.6 Subjects and Syllabus
Common Proficiency Test will be of one paper of 200 marks and will consist of the following four
A. Fundamentals of Accounting C.General Economics B. Mercantile Laws D.Quantitative Aptitude
The syllabus for these four subjects(sections) will be as specified by the Council under Regulation 25D(3) of the Chartered Accountants Regulations, 1988 and as published in the Journal of the Institute "The Chartered Accountant", August 2006 issue (pages 291-293) and the Student's Newsletter of the Institute, "The Chartered Accountant Student", August 2006 issue (Pages 12-13) and also available at www.icai.org .
1.7 Cities where CPT will be held
The list of Cities where CPT will be held on 19th June, 2016 is given at APPENDIX-A. Each candidate is expected to choose only one centre as his choice of examination centre. Candidates may note that the choice of centre once exercised is final and no request for change of examination centre will thereafter be entertained under any circumstances.
1.8 Examination Fee & Dispatch of Printout of Application Form
Fee of Rs. 500/- (Rupees five hundred only) for centres in India, US $ 150/- for Abu Dhabi and Dubai centres and INR 850/- (Rupees eight hundred fifty only) for Kathmandu centre can be remitted using online payment gateway facility with VISA/Master/Maestro Credit/Debit Card. (The incentive of waiver of cost of application form of Rs. 1000/- and USD 20 (as applicable) in examination fee is applicable only for those who fill the application form online). Once fee details are entered, the system generates an application form containing details of the candidate with a Control Number. The candidate is required to take a printout of the same and affix his/her recent passport size two photographs taken not later than six months earlier and affix specimen signature at the designated places and send the said application form i.e. Print Out (duly attested) by Speed Post/Registered Post so as to reach the Institute at New Delhi on or before 30th April, 2016 up to 5.30 P.M. The forms received late will not be considered under any circumstances.
1.9 Admit Card
Issue of Admit Cards:
Admit card with photograph and signature of all the candidates will be hosted on http://www.icai.nic.in generally 21 days prior to the date of examination. Candidates may print their admit card from the website, which will be valid for admission to the examination. Physical admit card will be sent to only those who had submitted physical OMR exam application form by post/by hand within the stipulated time, generally 21 days prior to the commencement of the examination. No physical admit card will be sent to those who have applied online. They will be required to print their admit card from the above mentioned website.
For downloading/printing of the admit cards from the above mentioned website, candidates will have to enter the following:
Student registration number or bar code number appearing on the examination application form and
Personal Identification Number (PIN)
PIN is like a password. It is a four digit number of your choice entered in the relevant column in the examination form. Candidates will not be able to download/print the admit card without this PIN. Hence, they are advised to memorise and keep the PIN safe for future reference.
So also, candidates are advised to keep a photo copy of the exam application duly filled in, for reference, so that they can use the bar code number contained therein, whenever they correspond with ICAI Exam Department.
Candidates, whose eligibility is in doubt, will be addressed for clarification/submission of documentary evidence with reference to fulfilment of eligibility requirements, as the case may be, normally 14 days prior to the date of CPT.
Admission to CPT and result thereof shall be provisional and subject to verification of the candidate fulfilling the eligibility requirements in terms of Regulation 25 D of the Chartered Accountants Regulations, 1988 and decision of the Council of the Institute. In case of any difficulty, Helpline Desk may be contacted on telephone Nos. 0120-3054851, 3054852, 3054853,3054854,3054835,4953751,4953752, 4953753 and 4953754 or on Fax No.0120-3054841/3054843. On printing of admit card from website, each candidate is advised to verify his Name, Registration Number, Centre, Language of Question Paper Booklet, etc. In case of any discrepancy, Helpline Desk should immediately be contacted.
1.10 Requirement for Passing the Common Proficiency Test
[As revised in terms of the decision of the Council taken at its 317th meeting in pursuance of Notification No. I-CA(7)/145/2012 dated 1st August, 2012 and made effective from CPT held in June 2013 and onwards]
A candidate for the Common Proficiency Test shall ordinarily be declared to have passed the test if he/she obtains at one sitting a minimum of thirty percent marks in each section and a minimum of fifty percent marks in the aggregate of all the sections comprised in CPT (Examination), subject to the principle of negative marking, in such manner as may be determined by the Council from time to time.
There will be negative marking for each wrong answer. ¼ (One Fourth) mark will be deducted for each wrong answer. Please note that multiple darkened circles for a question will also be treated as wrong answer.
Any fraction of mark will be rounded off to the next full mark.
It is clarified that there is no provision for improvement of result of CPT examination in the Chartered
Accountants Regulations, 1988. Therefore, such students who have once passed the CPT examination are
not eligible to apply/appear afresh/again in the CPT examination.
1.11 Need to appear in both sessions of CPT
CPT will be held in two sessions as explained in Para No. 1.5 and 1.5.1 hereinbefore. Candidates are necessarily required to appear in both the sessions i.e. morning session and afternoon session of CPT. It may be noted carefully that in the event of any candidate appearing in the morning session and choosing to absent himself/herself in the afternoon session or vice-versa due to any reason whatsoever, he/she shall be deemed as absent in toto in CPT and his/her result shall not be processed/prepared/published.
1.12 Option to choose Question Paper Booklet in English or Hindi
Each candidate is expected to choose the language of the Question Paper Booklet at the very outset in the CPT examination application form and no change thereafter will be allowed under any circumstances. However, the Answer Sheets will be in English language only. In the event of a student not exercising his option at the time of filling up the form, English language will be taken as the option exercised by the candidate, by default.
1.13 Guidelines and Procedure to be followed regarding granting of writer/compensatory-time to the Physically Challenged Candidates is given at APPENDIX B
1.14 OPTION TO FILL UP PHYSICAL(OMR) APPLICATION FORM FOR APPEARING IN CPT
Candidates interested to appear in Paper-pencil mode test have an option of applying for the exam through physical(OMR)form and the same can be purchased from the regional offices/designated branches of the Institute. The cost of application form & Information Brochure is as under:
i). Rs 1500/- if opting for a centre in India
ii) Rs. 1850/- if opting for Kathmandu Centre
iii) USD 170/- if opting for Abu Dhabi and Dubai Centres
1.15 Mailing Address
Before online submission of application, kindly ensure that it contains your complete address giving your name,city and pincode correctly.You are advised to ensure correctness of your mailing address and PINCODE and ICAI will not be responsible if communications (Including Result card) do not reach you or reach late due to incomplete address or any other reasons. Address once given will not be changed at a later stage.
1.16 Do not put any pin or stable. Paste only the photographs and nothing else on the form. More than one form should not be sent in an envelope.
1.17 Only one application should be submitted for CPT examination. If more than one application is submitted, one or all of them will be rejected at the discretion of ICAI. Also, no refund of fee/cost of application form will be made under any circumstances (except as mentioned at para 1.26 below).
1.18 Filled up Application form can be submitted by hand in the Head Office or in any of the Offices of the Institute as printed in Appendix-D. However, forms sent by post should be addressed only to the Head Office of the Institute at Indraprastha Marg, New Delhi which will only accept the filled up forms by REGISTERED/SPEED POST upto last date. The form will not be accepted either by hand or by post or by courier under any circumstances after the last date and time, as notified, is over.
1.19 The fee for CPT Examination is Non-Refundable / Non-Adjustable.
1.20 Options given in the application form cannot be changed at a later stage.
1.21 Incomplete/Unsigned/Non-attested application will be subject to rejection.
1.22 Retain a photocopy of the filled in application form and also retain safely the receipt issued by post office or acknowledgement issued by ICAI as proof of submission of filled up form within the last date atleast till downloading of admit card.
1.23 Examination application form should be sent either directly to the Institute by Speed Post/Registered Post or deposited in the Offices of the Regional Councils and/or designated branches of the Institute (refer Appendix-D), and proper acknowledgement/receipt should be obtained for the same. Examination form should not be deposited/given to the Coaching Institutions for forwarding to the Institute. Institute will not consider such applications sent through Coaching Institutions for being received late/not received.
1.24 Correction Window
On-line facility for seeking change of Centre/Medium for appearing in CPT
It is found that some candidates while filling the examination application form (either online or physical ) do not exercise reasonable care and commit errors and seek change of Centre/Medium, on account of errors committed by them in their examination application forms, after online submission of application.
With a view to provide an opportunity to the candidates to correct such errors it has been decided to put in place an on-line facility to view and correct errors if any, committed by them while submitting the examination application form, in the fields of Centre/Medium with effect from May/June 2015 examinations.
The Salient features of the facility are as follows:
1. Manual applications seeking change of Centre/Medium will not be entertained.
2. The on-line window for seeking change of Centre/Medium will made available at http://icaiexam.icai.org
3. This online facility will be available to the candidates who have submitted their examination application forms online as well as to those who submitted physical examination forms, i.e. OMR forms. 4. This online facility (Correction Window) will be available to the candidates, in two separate sessions. The first opportunity (called “Correction Window”) will be free of cost and the second opportunity ( called “Corrections with fee-Window”) will be for a fee of Rs 1000/- .
5. Candidates will be able to check the status of their request from the above mentioned website ie; http://icaiexam.icai.org Detailed Procedures and the norms governing this facility are hosted on www.icai.org under the Examination page vide announcement dated 2nd February, 2015. Candidates are advised to take note of the above provisions carefully and take advantage of the online facility being made available appropriately.
Details are as follows:
I. Free on-line facility for seeking change of Centre/Medium :
(To be hosted normally one week after last date for submission of CPT (Exam) Application Forms and closing date after one week from date of hosting)
Details contained in the examination application forms ( Both online as well as physical) submitted by the candidates will be hosted on website http://icaiexam.icai.org,
II. On-line facility for seeking change of Centre/Medium for a fee of Rs 1000/-
(To be hosted normally on 25th May/25th November for June/December CPT respectively and closing date one week before the date of CPT Examination)
1. A candidate while applying for change of Centre/Medium through the online facility as mentioned above, will be required to input the following details as filled in by him, in his CPT (Examination) application form.
a. Bar Code number/Control number printed on his CPT (examination) application form;
b. PIN ( i.e. the four digit Personal Identification Number of his choice which he had filled in his examination application form); and
c. Registration Number / Roll Number (as required)
2. Candidates (those who submitted their examination application forms online as well as those who submitted physical ie; OMR examination application forms) will be permitted to correct errors if any, inciuding Centre/Medium opted, in the data hosted, when the “Correction Window” is open at a fee of Rs. 1000/- for either one or more changes.
3. Candidate will also be permitted to change the centre opted ie; from Indian Centre to Overseas Centre and pay the difference in examination fee plus the fee of Rs. 1000/- as mentioned in para 2 above, online through payment gateway.
4. A change may include change of Centre/Medium either jointly or severally.
5. Candidate will be required to upload scanned copy of a handwritten/typed application for change of Centre/Medium duly signed by him.
6. Upon submission of the request, the candidate will get a Successful Submission confirmation on the screen. It is made clear here that successful submission of request does not mean that the request has been approved. Upon approval of the request, details of the changes effected will be hosted on the same website and candidates can check the same.
7. Applications for changes sought shall be permitted only once. Once a candidate submits his option for a change, he cannot go back to the earlier choice or seek another change.
8. The candidates as well as the new examination centres where they are shifted, as per the request of the candidate, will be advised of the change by way of letter/e-mail.
9. No fresh Admit Card will be issued to the candidates. Candidates will be required to appear in the CPT (Examination), with the Admit Card already issued/downloaded from website www.icai.nic.in alongwith a copy of the approval letter/e-mail sent to them.
10. Requests for change of Centre/Medium received subsequent to the closure of the “Correction with Fee-Window” ie; during the period of 7 days immediately before the date of CPT (Examination), shall not be entertained under any circumstances.
11. The fee of Rs 1000/- received for change of Centre/Medium will not be refunded, except in those cases where the request cannot be considered on account of administrative reasons. Refund of such fee of Rs 1000/-, would be made within 45 days after the date of CPT (Examination).
1.25 For any/all dispute(s) relating to examinations conducted by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, the Courts at Delhi shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
1.26 Refund of Examination Fee
No refund/adjustment of fee will be permissible under any circumstances. Multiple payments made online, if any, received by the Institute, due to systemic error, for a single student (using the correct CPT registration number) , will be identified by the system and excess fee received will be refunded to the credit of the respective accounts from where they originated, by the Institute, within 45 days of the last date for submission of forms.
In case multiple online payments are received by the Institute due to systemic error and you do not get a refund within 45 days from the last date for submission of applications, you can claim a refund of the excess amount paid by you, by writing to us at email@example.com within 60 days from the last date for submission of forms, along with documentary evidence, such as bank/credit card statement, of having paid the exam fees more than once. ICAI will verify the same and refund the excess amount, if any, paid by you.
2. How to fill up Online Application Form for appearing in June, 2016 CPT (PP Mode) and make online payment of Examination fee on http://icaiexam.icai.org
2.1 Step – 1 Creation of Account
The candidate shall visit the website http://icaiexam.icai.org and open an account by submitting his/her CPT Registration Number, Date of Birth, e-mail ID and Mobile No. The username (for example CRO0278142-CPP) and the password shall be mailed to the candidate at the e-mail ID supplied by him/her at the time of creation of account and messaged to the mobile number provided by the candidate. Login with the username and password you receive in your email ID/mobile as provided. Fill up the Online Application form carefully, confirm the particulars displayed in the Confirmation Page by tick marking in all the boxes and then clicking Confirm button and then proceed for making online payment. In case of any difficulty in filling online application form for June, 2016 CPT (PP Mode), please call helpline Nos. indicated at the top of the page http://icaiexam.icai.org or 0120- 3054851/852/853/854/835,4953751/752/753/754 sufficiently well in time.
2.2 Step – 2 Online payment of Examination fee
For Online filling of Examination application form for appearing on 19th June, 2016 CPT (PP Mode), a candidate has to remit a fee of Rs. 500/- (Rupees five hundred only) for opting centres in India, US$ 150/- for Abu Dhabi (UAE) and Dubai centres and INR 850/- (Rupees eight hundred fifty only) for Kathmandu centre. (The incentive of waiver of cost of application form of Rs. 1000/- or USD 20 (as applicable) in examination fee is applicable only for those who fill the application form online.) Fee should be remitted using Online Payment gateway facility with Visa/Master/Maestro Credit/Debit Card.
Examination fees once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances (except as provided in Para No. 1.26 hereinbefore).
2.3 Step – 3 Submission of Printout of Online Application Form to the Institute.
After successful Online payment, candidates will have to login again to get the PDF of the Online Application Form and are required to take a print out of the application form from http://icaiexam.icai.org and take the following further course of action before sending it to the Institute:
Paste two latest photographs of the candidate (pass port size – 3.5X4.5 cms.)– One attested and one non-attested.
Sign at specified places
Get it countersigned by parent/guardian at the specified place
Get the Application Form attested by a Chartered Accountant or a Gazetted Officer or Principal of School/College and
Send the printout of the Online Application Form without folding and Superscribing the envelope as “Online Application Form for 19th June, 2016 CPT Exam” by Speed Post/Registered Post to the Deputy Secretary (Exams.), Examination Department, The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, ‘ICAI Bhawan’, Indraprastha Marg, New Delhi – 110 002, so as to reach him on or before 30th April, 2016 upto 5.30 P.M.
(A)In case Print out of the so filled in Online Application Form, complete in all respects as stated in Step-3 above, does not reach the Institute’s Office at New Delhi within the stipulated last date, the candidate will not be permitted to appear in the respective CPT examination.Submission of ScreenShots taken while filling the form online Or the Payment Receipt Or any other paper will NOT be treated as successful online application. The printout of PDF containing the Barcode Number and Payment Transaction Details is required to be submitted.
(B) Candidates are advised to send printout of their online application form by Speed Post/Registered Post and not through Private Courier Services or Ordinary Post. No responsibility for late/non-delivery will be taken by the Institute.
3. Guidelines relating to appearance in CPT
3.1 Use of Calculator
Candidates will be allowed to use battery operated portable calculator in CPT. The calculator can be of any type with upto 6 functions, 12 digits and upto two memories. Attempt to use any other type of calculator not complying with the specifications indicated above or having more features than mentioned above shall tantamount to use of unfair means. Scientific Calculator is not allowed.
3.2 Answer Sheets and Question Paper Booklet
Each candidate will be provided separate OMR Answer Sheet for Morning Session i.e. meant for Section A (Fundamentals of Accounting) and Section B (Mercantile Laws) and Afternoon Session i.e. meant for Section C (General Economics) and Section D (Quantitative Aptitude) which are to be handed over to the Invigilator of the Examination Hall/Room at the close of each Session along with Question Paper Booklet.
3.3 Representation against Question Paper Booklet
If a student of CPT feels that any question asked in any subject of CPT was out of syllabus or outside the ambit of the level of knowledge expected as laid down in the syllabus or the language used in the question was ambiguous or any other valid reason, he/she may, if he/she so desires, send his/her representation to the Deputy Secretary (Exams), Examination Department, The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, ICAI Bhawan, Indraprastha Marg, New Delhi-110002 so as to reach him within a week of the date of CPT (examination).
3.4 Unfair means in the examination
If a candidate is found to have resorted to or has made an attempt to resort to unfair means in the examination, the Examination Committee of the ICAI may, on receipt of a report to that effect and after such investigation as it may deem necessary, take such disciplinary action against the candidate concerned as it may think fit. The Centre Superintendent has absolute authority to expel a candidate from the examination hall, if in his/her opinion, the candidate has adopted or attempted to adopt unfair means in connection with the examination. Any candidate expelled from the examination hall must before leaving the hall, submit his/her explanation in writing to the Centre Superintendent. Smoking, chewing of tobacco/betel, intoxicant, etc. is strictly prohibited in the examination hall. Mobile Phones and other electronic gadgets (except calculator as permissible) are not allowed in the examination centre/hall. It is clarified that mere possession of mobile phone in the examination hall whether in switch off mode or silent mode shall also be deemed to be resorting to adoption of unfair means in the examination.
4. Post-Test Information and Instructions
4.1 Result of CPT
The result of CPT is likely to be declared after around one month from the date of CPT Examination and will be published at New Delhi. It will be displayed on the notice board of the Institute at New Delhi and hosted on Internet at www.caresults.nic.in. Result Card will be issued to all students who appeared in CPT normally within two weeks of the declaration of result. However, candidates can also download their result card from the website www.icai.nic.in (which is a valid document) and apply for admission to next stage of CA course. No Pass Certificate will be issued.
4.2 Pass with Distinction
Candidates securing a minimum of 70% marks will be declared “Pass with Distinction” and such remarks will be indicated in the Result Card only.
Each candidate of CPT will be required to give a declaration in the print out of the CPT Examination Online Application Form duly signed by him/her and countersigned by his/her parent/guardian that he/she has not already passed CPT Examination in any earlier attempt and that he /she is eligible to appear in CPT in accordance with the Chartered Accountants Regulations, 1988 and if it is discovered at any later stage that he/she was not eligible to appear in CPT, his/her admission to CPT or if appeared and passed the CPT, the result thereof and further admission to Intermediate (IPC) Course (or any other course of ICAI), if secured, will be treated automatically null and void and he/she will have no claim whatsoever. He/she will abide by the decision of the Institute in such a situation.
4.4 Verification of Answer Sheets
A candidate, if he/she so desires, can apply for verification of answer sheets as per provisions of Regulation 39 (4) of the Chartered Accountants Regulations, 1988 so as to reach us within a month of declaration of result along with a fee of Rs. 200/- by way of a demand draft in favour of the Secretary, The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, payable at New Delhi and send the application to the Deputy Secretary (Exams.), Examination Department, The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, ICAI Bhawan, Indraprastha Marg, New Delhi – 110 002. Pending receipt of outcome of the verification, a candidate may apply for appearing in the next CPT, if he/she so desires.
4.5 Admission to Intermediate (IPC) Course
A candidate after passing the Common Proficiency Test will be eligible to register himself/herself for Intermediate (IPC) Course in accordance with the Chartered Accountants Regulations, 1988 subject to otherwise being eligible.
(A candidate can choose any one examination centre of his/her choice irrespective of his/her registration with any Regional Office of ICAI. But, Centre once opted will not be changed at a later stage under any circumstances.)
I. GUIDELINES THAT MAY BE FOLLOWED IN RESPECT OF CANDIDATES WITH PERMANENT PHYSICAL/VISUAL / NEUROLOGICAL DISABILITY OF 50% OR MORE IRRESPECTIVE OF WHETHER THE CANDIDATES CAN OR CANNOT WRITE THE EXAMINATIONS THEMSELVES (e.g. CASES OF BLINDNESS/AMPUTATION OF UPPER LIMBS/CEREBRAL PALSY ETC.)
(a) Writer to be allowed.
(b) Compensatory time of one hour for each session in CPT
II. GUIDELINES THAT MAY BE FOLLOWED IN RESPECT OF CANDIDATES WITH PERMANENT PHYSICAL/VISUAL/ NEUROLOGICAL DISABILITY OF LESS THAN 50% IRRESPECTIVE OF WHETHER THE CANDIDATES CAN OR CANNOT WRITE THE EXAMINATIONS THEMSELVES (e.g. CASES OF BLINDNESS/AMPUTATION OF UPPER LIMBS/CEREBRAL PALSY ETC.)
(a) Writer to be allowed.
(b) Compensatory time of half an hour for each session in CPT
III. In case of writer’s cramp, learning disability, hearing disability (dyslexia) and blood cancer involving blood transfusion, the concession allowed is Compensatory time of half an hour and/or writer for Common Proficiency Test (CPT). In such cases the candidate has to submit the copy of concessions extended by other examination bodies, in earlier exams written by him/her, like 10th Standard or 12th Standard, graduation, etc. This concession will be extended subject to verification of documentary evidence including medical (i.e.; Disability) certificate. Cases of injuries or disablement of temporary nature such as fracture of the right or left arm, forearm or dislocation of a shoulder, elbow or wrist etc. are not entitled for availing the facility of writer/extra time.
IV. Detailed guidelines/procedure pertaining to engagement of writer for those who are eligible to engage a writer:
a. Differently abled - physically and/or visually - candidates who are entitled to engage writer will be required to engage writer having a qualification of 10th / Matriculation only for CPT.
b. No one associated in any manner with academic tutoring and preparation of examination for CA, CWA, CS, M.B.A., B.E. and LLB programmes be involved as a writer.
c. The examinees who have been issued with a Permanent Concession Card / permission letter providing the facility of writer should send an application to the Examination Department of the Institute stating that he/she wishes to avail the facilty of writer in the examination togther with details such as name, registration number, group opted, medium opted, centre/zone opted, etc. immediately after submission of application form for admission to examination, which should reach the office not later than 10th November/ 10th May of the year in which December/June CPT is held respectively.
d. The Institute will maintain a panel of writers in select cities, to begin with – Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Kanpur, Jaipur, Ahmedabad, Pune, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chandigarh, Bhubaneswar, Guwahati, Indore and Ludhiana. The places in respect of which the above panel is maintained will be updated from time to time and hosted on the website of the Institue [www.icai.org]. An examinee who has opted for an examination centre in these cities, can avail a writer from the said panel. Hence, examinees are advised to visit the website in their own interest for regular updates.
e. At all other places where examination centres are set up, or where the number of empanelled writers at the above given places falls short of the requirement, the concerned examinees will be required to arrange writer at their own end, subject to the compliance with the related requirements.
f. While there shall be no restriction on change of writer, such a change shall be allowed on making an application by the concerned examinee to the Centre Superintendent
and subject to compliance with related requirements. In such a case the Centre Superintendent will handover a copy of the guidelines in force to the differently abled candidate and the writer.
g. It shall be incumbent upon the candidate and/or the writer engaged by him/her at his/her own end and/or provided to him/her from out of the above Panel to submit in advance to the Centre Superintendent related ‘Declaration’ with regard to the qualification etc. of the Writer.
Such a ‘Declaration’ shall be required to be submitted in respect of the writer first engaged/provided as well as for the writer(s) subsequently permitted by the Centre Superintendent. If the declaration so submitted is incorrect/false, ICAI is empowered to take any action it deems fit in such a case.
Certified copies of the educational qualification of the writer (other than drawn from the panel of the Institute) should be submitted to the Centre Superintendent togther with the declaration.
h. The writer [ irrespective of whether provided from out of the aforesaid Panel and/or engaged by the concerned examinee at his/her own end] will be paid Rs. 500/- (Rupees Five Hundred Only) for two sessions of Common Proficiency Test (CPT) by the Institute subject to submission of a related bill by the writer, duly counter-signed by the concerned examinee as well as by the Centre Superintendent. Such a bill be submitted to the Centre Superintendent on the same day of the examination who will, in turn, forward the same to the Institute, after the conclusion of the examinations.
i. Where, on a related application received, an examinee is provided with the writer from out of the aforesaid Panel, he/she may, if so desired, meet the said writer well in advance before the commencement of the examinations to familiarize themselves with each other and do satisfy about the ability of the writer to write in the examination. However, where an examinee arranges a writer at his/her own end, he shall be required to provide a copy of these guidelines to the said writer with a view that the latter is well conversant with the related requirements.
j. The writer’s task is to only write the examinations as per directions of the examinee, verbatim, and that the writer shall not paraphrase, translate, add emphasis, embellish the written text in any way, or engage in any type of communication with the examinee concerning the interpretation of question paper content. In other words, the writer shall only transcribe what is dictated to him by the examinee.
k. Any violation of these guidelines will tantamount to attempt to resort to unfair means, and thus result in initiation of disciplinary action, which may include withholding of or the cancellation of the result or debarring from appearing in examinations or cancellation of registration/articles.
l. The Centre Superintendent shall have the authority not to allow a particular person to act as writer, if he is satisfied that such a person does not fulfill the criteria for being a writer.
m. The Superintendent shall arrange a suitable room for differently abled Candidates.
For Differently abled - physically and/or visually-candidates who are eligible to get one hour compensatory time with writer facility, they will be provided a separate room for writing the examinations, preferably on the ground floor.
2.PROCEDURE / DETAILS FOR GRANT OF COMPENSATORY TIME / WRITER’S HELP IN CASE A CANDIDATE APPLIES FOR THE FIRST TIME i.e WHERE A CANDIDATE HAS NOT ALREADY BEEN ISSUED PERMANENT CONCESSION CARD ISSUED BY THE INSTITUTE.
1. Application in candidate's own hand writing. In respect of candidates, who cannot write, their representatives may write on behalf of the candidate (stating the relationship with him/her) and forward the application. Those who require the facility of writer should clearly mention the same in the application.
2. Certified true copy of the certificate issued by Doctor of not less than the level of Civil Surgeon of Government Hospital to the effect that the disability is of permanent nature and specifying clearly the nature and extent of permanent disability.
3. Certified true copies of the permission, if any, granted by the State Higher Secondary Board/University in candidate's 10+2 or degree examinations in which he/she had appeared.
4. Attested (by a member of the Institute or by a Gazetted officer) full size (Post Card), latest photograph indicating name of the candidate on the photograph itself.
5. Two copies of colour passport size photos (4.5x3.5 cm) taken within last 3 months, for concession card.
6. Any other document in support of request for grant of the facility of a writer and/or extra time as aforementioned.
7. The application for issue of Permanent Concession Card should not be sent along with the examination application form.
8. The Candidates can send their request for issue of concession card preferably at the time of applying for admission to examination. However,such request should be sent to the office prior to 10th November/10th May for December/June CPT respectively.
9. The handwritten application/request letter with enclosures as mentioned at 2 to 6 above may be sent separately to:
The Deputy Secretary (Exams.)
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
10.The Permanent Concession Card will be valid for a period of five years from the date of issue of such card or the candidate passing Final Examination whichever happens earlier.On expiry of such period the concession card will have to be returned to the Institute.
11.Any misuse of the Permanent Concession Card shall tantamount to adoption of unfair means within the meaning of Regulation 41 of the Chartered Accoutants Regulations, 1988.
12 .CPT candidates who are issued with a Permanent Concession Card,on passing CPT and registering for Intermediate(IPC) course may forward the card to the Institute for updation.
13.For details of Guidelines for provision of compensatory time, writer etc.,please visit www.icai.org
1. Board of Intermediate Education, Andhra Pradesh
2. Assam Higher Secondary Education Council
3. Bihar School Examination Board
4. Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
5. Chhatisgarh Board of Secondary Education
6. Council for Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE)
7. Goa Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education
8. Gujarat Secondary & Higher Secondary Education
9. Board of School Education, Haryana
10. H.P. Board of School Education
11. J & K State Board of School Education
12. Jharkhand Academic Council
13. Government of Karnataka Department of Pre-University Education
14. Kerala Board of Higher Secondary Education
15. Maharashtra State Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education
16. Board of Secondary Education, Madhya Pradesh
17. Council of Higher Secondary Education, Manipur
18. Meghalaya Board of School Education
19. Mizoram Board of School Education
20. Nagaland Board of School Education
21. Council of Higher Secondary Education, Orissa
22. Punjab School Education Board
23. Board of Secondary Education, Rajasthan
24. Tamil Nadu State Board of School Examinations
25. Tirupura Board of Secondary Education
26. U.P. Board of High School and Intermediate Education
27. Board of School Education, Uttarakhand
28. West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education
29. Chhatisgarh State Open School
30. M.P. State Open School
31. National Institute of Open Schooling
32. Rajasthan State Open School
33. The West Bengal Council of Ravindra Open Schooling
34. Banasthali Vidyapith
35. 5 (five) passes at GCE ‘O’ level/GCSE/IGCSE in A/B/C Grades and two passes at GCE ‘Advanced’ level examination of the approved British Examining Bodies subject to submission of equivalence certificate issued by the Association of Indian Universities, AIU House, 16 Comrade Indrajit Gupta Marg (Kotla Marg, Opp. Bal Bhavan), New Delhi-110 002 certifying that the examination passed/appeared is equivalent to +2 stage qualification of an Indian Body.
36. Students who have completed two years of higher education including Diploma course after passing 10th class, conducted either by Central/State Government(s) and on passing such a course have either been admitted to first year of graduation course or have passed the graduation course conducted by any University, including Open Universities, established by law in India shall be also eligible for admission to the Common Proficiency Test (CPT).
37. 10+2 Examination of any other recognized Board/University not covered above but recognized by Association of Indian Universities (AIU) as equivalent to Senior Secondary (10+2) Examination as recognized by Central Government (Students concerned should produce the equivalence Certificate issued by Association of Indian Universities, AIU House, 16 Comrade Indrajit Gupta Marg (Kotla Marg, Opp. Bal Bhavan), New Delhi-110 002.
1) Reception Counter, Annexe Building, The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, ICAI Bhawan, Indraprastha Marg, New Delhi-110002 (Telephone-011-3989 3989).
2) Reception Counter, Northern Regional Office, The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, 52-54 Institutional Area, Vishwas Nagar, Shahdara, Near Karkardooma Court Complex, Delhi – 110032 (Telephone-011-3989 3990).
3) Reception Counter, The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, ICAI Tower, Plot No. C-40, G-Block, Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra East, Mumbai – 400051 (Telephone-022-33671400, 33671500).
4) Reception Counter, The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, ICAI Bhawan, 122, Mahatma Gandhi Road, Nungambakkam, Chennai-600034(Telephone-044-3989 3989).
5) Reception Counter, The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, ICAI Bhawan, 382/A, Prantik Pally, Rajdanga, Kasba (Near Acropolis Mall and Garden High School), Kolkata – 700107 (Telephone- 033- 30840203 / 30840210)
6) Reception Counter, The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, ICAI Bhawan, 16/77-B, Civil Lines (Behind Reserve Bank of India), Kanpur-208001 (Telephone-0512-3989 398).
7) Reception Counter, Ahmedabad DCO* of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, ICAI Bhawan, 123, Sardar Patel Colony, Near Usmanpura Under Bridge, Navjivan PO, Naranpura, Ahmedabad-380014 (Telephone-079-2768 0946, 2768 0537, 39893989).
8) Reception Counter, Bangalore DCO* of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, ICAI Bhawan, No. 16/0, Millers Tank Bed Area, Vasanthnagar, Bangalore-560 052 (Telephone-080-30563500).
9) Reception Counter, Hyderabad DCO* of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, ICAI Bhawan, 11-5-398/C Red Hills, Hyderabad- 500 004 (Telephone-040-233 17026, 233 17027, 233 17028, 23393182, 30638600)
10) Reception Counter, Jaipur DCO* of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, ICAI Bhawan, D-1, Institutional Area, Jhalana Doongri, Jaipur-302004 (Telephone-0141-3044200, 3044214, 3989398).
11) Reception Counter, Pune DCO* of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, ‘ICAI Bhawan’, Plot No. 8, Parshwanath Nagar, CTS No. 333, Sr. No. 573, Munjeri, Opp. Kale Hospital, Near Mahavir Electronics, Bibawewadi, PUNE 411 037 (Telephone-020-24212251/52,32335306).
12) Reception Counter, Nagpur DCO* of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, 'ICAI Bhawan' 20/1, Dhantoli, NAGPUR - 440 012 (Telephone – 0712- 2443 968, 2441 196).
13) Reception Counter, Surat DCO* of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, 2nd Floor, Saifee Building, Dutch Garden Road,Near Makkaipul, Nanpura, SURAT - 395 001 (Telephone – 0261- 2472 932, 2464413).
14) Reception Counter, Baroda DCO * of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, 'ICAI Bhawan', Kalali-Tandalja Road, Atladara,VADODARA - 390 012. (Telephone-0265-2681 115,2680593).
15) Reception Counter, Thane DCO* of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India,A-4, Laxmi Mahal Coop. Hsg. Soc., 2nd Floor, LBS Marg,Near Hotel Parimala, Above Amar Chemist, Charai Naka Signal,THANE (W) - 400 602 . (Telephone- 022-2538 2451/53/54/56).
16) Reception Counter, Ernakulam DCO* of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India,'ICAI Bhawan', Diwan's Road,Ernakulam, KOCHI - 682 016 (Telephone- 0484- 2369 238, 2372 953, 2369 258).
17) Reception Counter, Indore DCO* of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India,'ICAI Bhawan', Plot No. 19-B, Scheme No. 78, Part-II, (Near M. P. Pollution Control Board),INDORE - 452 010 (Telephone- 0731- 2570 052,2570 053,4298 198).
Candidates are advised not to submit printouts of online application forms at offices of the Institute other than those mentioned above and obtain acknowledgement receipt for having deposited the printout of exam form by hand.
* Decentralised Office
CHECK-LIST FOR FILLING-UP CPT JUNE - 2016 EXAMINATION APPLICATION FORM
1 - BEFORE FILLING UP THE FORM, PLEASE DETERMINE YOUR ELIGIBILITY AS PER DETAILS GIVEN AT PARA 1.3 (IGNORE FILLING UP THE FORM IN CASE YOU DO NOT COMPLY WITH THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS).
2 - ENSURE THAT ALL COLUMNS OF THE FORM ARE FILLED UP/SELECTED CORRECTLY AND ARE CORRECTLY APPEARING IN THE PDF.
3 - CENTRE IS SELECTED CORRECTLY AND IS CORRECTLY APPEARING IN THE PDF. (FOR REFERENCE SEE APPENDIX-A).
4 - MEDIUM OF THE EXAMINATION IS SELECTED CORRECTLY AND IS CORRECTLY APPEARING IN THE PDF.
5 - ENSURE THAT PHOTOGRAPHS AND SIGNATURES HAVE BEEN AFFIXED AT APPROPRIATE COLUMNS OF THE PRINTOUT OF THE EXAM FORM.
6 - ADDRESS HAS BEEN RECORDED CORRECTLY AND IS CORRECTLY APPEARING IN THE PDF.
7 - DECLARATION IS SIGNED AND PDF IS GOT ATTESTED.
8 - RETAIN A COPY OF THE PDF/FILLED-IN FORM FOR YOUR FUTURE REFERENCE.
9 - SEND THE PDF (PRINT OUT) OF THE ONLINE SUMBITTED EXAMINATION APPLICATION BY SPEED POST/REGISTERED POST ONLY.
10 - KEEP IN SAFE CUSTODY THE SPEED POST/REGISTERED POST RECEIPT ISSUED BY POSTAL AUTHORITY FOR SENDING THE PDF (PRINT OUT) OF THE ONLINE SUMBITTED EXAMINATION APPLICATION FORM TO THE INSTITUTE/ RECEIPT ISSUED BY ICAI IN CASE THE APPLICATION IS DEPOSITED BY HAND.